TIPS TO MINIMIZE EARNING DROP-OUTS
You may see intermittent drop-outs in earnings - there may be periods of $0.0000 earning rate. Firstly, this is the nature of mining and sometimes you get unlucky. That said, there are some things you can do:
- Give it some time! Your machine must be running Salad for a good chunk of time to increase the chances of it submitting a share to our pool. If your machine submits a share then you will earn Salad balance for that period.
- Know that 'lady luck' plays a big role. Sometimes you may go hours without successfully submitting a share, particularly if you have a GPU or CPU with a low hashrate.
- Salad runs best when it's the only program using your GPU or CPU. If you're gaming or using software that requires hardware acceleration your earning rates will be negatively affected (...this decreases your chances of submitting shares). Reminder: Salad is best used when afk!
GET TO KNOW LADY LUCK
Mining is a radically unreliable game, there seriously is no sure thing - sometimes you win, sometimes you don't. Check out this 2 day plot of a 1070 submitting shares - it's all over the place! Again, be sure that Salad is the only program using your GPU to improve your chances.
If none of the above works and you never get an earning rate, consider these:
- Make sure Salad is not being blocked by your antivirus or firewall. You can follow our guide to solve this here:
- Check that a log file is being generated. Type %appdata% in your Windows search bar, and in that folder go to Roaming > Salad > logs > and you'll see a text document called 'main.log' - if you don't see this, back to step 1!
- If you're on a laptop, make sure you're plugged into power.
- Well, sometimes it's just not meant to be. We can't offer any money for lost earning time, so if you're uncomfortable with this then please don't use Salad.