TIPS TO MINIMIZE EARNING DROP-OUTS
We recently turned on Share Tracking and it isn't a bug folks! We had to do this because of rampant fraudsters and spoofing...our first priority is to ensure Salad is here for the long haul so we can keep supporting all the genuine Salad Chefs out there - we love you all!
Unfortunately for some, this new system means that some of you will see intermittent drop-outs in earnings - there may be periods of $0.0000 earning rate. Firstly, this is the nature of mining and sometimes you get unlucky. That said, there are some things you can do:
- Give it some time! Your machine must be running Salad for a good chunk of time to increase the chances of it submitting a share to our pool. If your machine submits a share then you will earn Salad balance for that period.
- Know that 'lady luck' plays a big role. Sometimes you may go hours without successfully submitting a share, particularly if you have a GPU with a low hashrate (that's you 1050ti's).
- Salad runs best when it's the only program using your GPU. If you're gaming or using software that requires hardware acceleration your earning rates will be negatively affected (...this decreases your chances of submitting shares). Reminder: Salad is best used when afk!
GET TO KNOW LADY LUCK
Mining is a radically unreliable game, there seriously is no sure thing - sometimes you win, sometimes you don't. Check out this 2 day plot of a 1070 submitting shares - it's all over the place! Again, be sure that Salad is the only program using your GPU to improve your chances.
If none of the above works and you never get an earning rate, consider these:
- Make sure Salad and/or ethminer is not being blocked by your antivirus or firewall. Go to our Zendesk page for tips on this (link below)
- Check that a log file is being generated. Type %appdata% in your Windows search bar, and in that folder go to Roaming > Salad > logs > and you'll see a text document called 'main.log' - if you don't see this, back to step 1!
- If you're on a laptop, make sure you're plugged into power.
- Well, sometimes it's just not meant to be. We can't offer any money for lost earning time, so if you're uncomfortable with this then please don't use Salad.
- Additionally, here is how to self diagnose if your Antivirus is blocking Salad
THE GOOD NEWS
Our dev team is hard at work optimizing our mining system to minimize down-time. Soon we'll have support for more machines and more reliable earning rates for those with less powerful cards.
Thanks for understanding we're still in alpha and thanks for using Salad!