1. Uninstall Salad
2. Restart your PC
3. Re-download and Install Salad
3a. Allow Salad’s Installation File
When norton blocks Salad’s installation file from being used, exclude it from scans and Auto-Protect, by clicking details on the autoprotect box in the bottom-right side of your screen
3b.Restore Salad Installation File
Norton brings up the File Insight window, click on Restore, at the lower right bottom of the window
4. Exclude Salad Installation from Further Scans
Make sure the exclude from future scans checkbox is checked with the blue X, then click OK in the lower right of your screen
5. Proceed to normal Salad installation, being sure to not run salad after installation yet!
6. Copy this text, you’ll need it later: C:\Users\your_user_here\AppData\Roaming\Salad
7. Open up Norton Antivirus
8. Click Settings
Click on the “Settings” tab at the upper right of the screen
9. Click Antivirus
This will pop up another window for settings, click the top left option, “Antivirus”.
10. Click “Scans and Risks”
On the antivirus window, click on the “Scans and Risks” tab
11. Click “Configure [+]”
Scroll all the way to the bottom of the window, and click on “Items to Exclude from Auto-Protect, SONAR, and Download Intelligence Detection”
12. Click Add Folders
Click “Add Folders” at the bottom left of the window
13. Paste the copied Text
Paste in the text you copied earlier, replacing your_user_here with the name of the user Salad is installed on, in the file path box
14. Make sure the checkbox for including all subfolders is checked!
15. Click OK, and it will bring you back to the exclusions management window
16. Click OK on the exclusions management window to finalize the addition
17. Fire up Salad
This will cause Norton Antivirus to trip, flagging our miners as threats, when they are not. Open Up Norton, and click on History in the center of the window
18. Click on any mining .exe files, then click Options
19. Click Exclude this program, then click Yes on the Confirm Exclusion Window
20. Repeat Steps 18-19 for any other miner .exe as well
21. Disabling Norton Intrusion Prevention
Some of the features of norton prevent any malicious code from sending out data through the net, and does not give you the option to disable it if it’s not a malicious code. This is exactly what norton is doing, and we need to disable that for Salad to work properly. Here’s how we’re gonna do it
22. Open Norton, click “Advanced”
Click Advanced in the center of the window, opening another list of options with toggle switches.
23. Click “Intrusion Prevention”
Toggle this setting to Off, as it’s the final protection blocking Salad from working.
That should be it for whitelisting Salad in Norton Antivirus! Let Salad run for about 30 minutes to an hour, it should start showing your balance increasing and your XP increasing as well. If that doesn't do the trick after you’ve followed all the steps, delete salad and reinstall it one last time, that should do the trick!