1. Allow Salad’s Installation File
If Norton blocks Salad’s installation file from being used, exclude it from scans and Auto-Protect, by clicking details on the autoprotect box in the bottom-right side of your screen
2 .Restore Salad Installation File
Norton brings up the File Insight window, click on Restore, at the lower right bottom of the window
3. Exclude Salad Installation from Further Scans
Make sure the exclude from future scans checkbox is checked with the blue X, then click OK in the lower right of your screen
4. Proceed to normal Salad installation, being sure to not run salad after installation yet!
5. Open up Norton Antivirus
6. Click Settings
Click on the “Settings” tab at the upper right of the screen
7. Click Antivirus
This will pop up another window for settings, click the top left option, “Antivirus”.
8. Click “Scans and Risks”
On the antivirus window, click on the “Scans and Risks” tab
9. Click “Configure [+]”
Scroll all the way to the bottom of the window, and click on “Items to Exclude from Auto-Protect, SONAR, and Download Intelligence Detection”
10. Click Add Folders
Click “Add Folders” at the bottom left of the window
11. Whitelist the Salad miner folder
The Salad miner folder can be found under "C:\Users\YOURUSERHERE\AppData\Roaming\Salad".
13. Make sure the checkbox for including all subfolders is checked!
14. Click OK, and it will bring you back to the exclusions management window
15. Click OK on the exclusions management window to finalize the addition
16. Disabling Norton Intrusion Prevention
Some of the features of Norton prevent any malicious code from sending out data through the net, and does not give you the option to disable it if it’s not malicious code. This is exactly what Norton is doing, and we need to disable that for Salad to work properly. Here’s how we’re gonna do it
17. Open Norton, click “Advanced”
Click Advanced in the centre of the window, opening another list of options with toggle switches.
18. Click “Intrusion Prevention”
Toggle this setting to Off, as it’s the final protection blocking Salad from working.
That should be it for whitelisting Salad in Norton Antivirus! Let Salad run for about 30 minutes to an hour, it should start showing your balance increasing and your XP increasing as well. If that doesn't do the trick after you’ve followed all the steps, contact us here via a support ticket.