Some (not all) GPUs need to be specifically configured to run Salad. TLDR: Go to GPU Control Panel and enable Salad in your 3D Settings.
- Open the NVIDIA Control Panel. You can do this by right-clicking on the desktop or you can find the option within the notification area of the Taskbar
- Select Manage 3D Settings under 3D Settings.
- On Program Settings tab, step 1. find your Salad program or salad.exe from the drop down list.
- Step 2. Select High-performance NVIDIA processor.
With AMD graphics cards the process can vary but is typically:
- Open the AMD Catalyst Control Center or AMD Radeon Settings app by right-clicking on an empty area on your desktop. Select ‘Catalyst Control Center’ from the context menu. From the list of panels on the left, select ‘Power’. Under ‘Power’, select ‘Switchable application graphics settings’.
- Here you will see a list of apps that AMD already recognizes as needing better GPU support. On this panel is an ‘Add Application’ button. Click it and select the salad.exe program
- After you add Salad, open the dropdown next to it for setting graphics options. Select ‘High performance’.
- (Optional) On the Global GPU settings, if you see a GPU Workload Setting, changing it from "Gaming" to "Compute" is supposed to increase your earning velocity but we've seen varying results.
We should mention that some options may differ depending on your driver version and the GPU model you have. These solutions will still work but the options may be found under a different menu.