There are several ways you can boost your earnings with Salad like:
- Make sure you're running Salad as often as possible, especially while you're sleeping or away from your computer. To prevent lost earnings, change your Power and Sleep settings in Windows so your machine won't automatically shut down. To do this in Windows 10:
- Click the Windows button
- Click the Settings gear icon
- Click "System"
- Click "Power & Sleep"
- Under the Sleep section, check "When plugged in, PC goes to sleep after" and ensure it's set to "Never"
- If on a laptop, click "Additional power settings"
- Click "Choosing what closing the lid does," and change the "When I close the lid" setting to "Do Nothing" when plugged in
- The more powerful your GPU or CPU, the faster you earn. If you upgrade your hardware or run Salad on multiple high-performance machines, you can significantly increase your earnings.
- Make sure to close background applications, especially when CPU mining, as this can drastically impact your earning rate.
- Participate in our Discord contests. We often giveaway hearty helpings of Salad balance to the winners of these competitions, and we make sure they’re structured so everyone gets a chance to compete! Join the server and check the #salad-events channel to see what the current contest is.
- Enter into one of our periodic giveaways. Follow us on Twitter, Instagram or join the Discord for giveaway announcements.
- Refer your friends! If they have a qualifying GPU and actively use the app, you can earn up to $1 per referee.
- Use our offerwall services to earn balance by completing offers, installing and playing games, and signing up to services. You can find out offerwalls in the Earn page of the applicaion.
Overclocking your machine can also increase your earnings, however we recommend utmost caution if taking this path, and we do not provide support for this. If you own an AMD GPU from the Polaris Generation, that is the r9 300 -- rx 590 series of GPUs, you should enable Compute Mode in your drivers, or you will see reduced earnings. This is how you can do so:
- Open your Radeon Settings application
- Click the Settings icon at the top right
- Select the Graphics tab
- Scroll down and click "Advanced"
- Select "GPU Workload" and set it to "Compute"
- Hit Okay
We recommend swapping this setting back to the default "Graphics" when gaming, as you may see slightly lower FPS in some titles if you leave it on Compute.